Tuesday 11 June 2013

Music Moments: Episode 7

''Ugly Betty''

It's been a while since I've done a Music Moments blog post but they are back and this time with a show I haven't yet talked about. Ugly Betty for me was one of those shows which had an amazing first season and a mediocre second which I think lost it a lot of viewers during the third season including me. However, I have to admit that I was missing out on something great. In fact if anyone had stuck around during season 3 and 4 of Ugly Betty they would have seen that it improved greatly. Sadly Ugly Betty was cancelled after Season 4 which now kills me. I only recently watched the latter two seasons of Ugly Betty and it makes me sad to think I ever stopped watching it.



In terms of music used in a show I believe Ugly Betty was very good. Particularly their season 3 finale. Which proved to be very, very emotional and if you're not crying or even sad by the end of the clip I think you need to go to your doctor and ask for a new heart.

Name of Episode: The Fall Issue

Episode Number: 3x23

Song Featured: Time After Time (This has to be one of the greatest songs ever written)

Artist: Cyndi Lauper and Sarah McLachan


Music Moment starts at 1:04

Favourite Lyrics: If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. If you fall I will catch you I will be waiting, time after time.

Favourite Quote: Daniel typing ''I NEED YOU. - Daniel''

I just love the Daniel and Betty friendship and I love the way things ended between them. That last hug at the ending was just so powerful in the way that no words needed to be spoken for the scene to be emotional. And Daniel's vulnerable side was just so emotional to see.

Also Mark and Amanda together in the scene makes me sad because Mark missed out on the editor job and Amanda was being a good friend by comforting him. I always loved their friendship!

#IWantAnUglyBettyMovie anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment