Monday 17 June 2013

The Trouble With: Donna Martin

If I'm being honest I would say that  most females on Beverly Hills 90210 have annoyed me at one point or another. With the exception of Kelly and Valerie. I love these two because I'm a lover of What I Like About You and Saved By The Bell. Brenda and her acting, Andrea and her problems with people pronouncing her name ''it's ohhndrea'', Clare with her snarky attitude, but no one annoyed me more than Donna Martin.



I'll start with the world-famous ''Donna Martin Graduates''. I love this saying I throw it into any conversation where it fits. I chant it when good things happen, I vow to one day purchase the t-shirt. But really come on, all of that rucus for a student. Especially Donna Martin. It was her own fault that she got drunk at the prom and passed out so she should have been made to suffer the consequences. But oh no the whole school rallies round to help Donna graduate with the rest of the class because ''she deserves it''. News flash West Beverly Class of 93, she doesn't. Especially seeing as she would have still graduated just in August instead of June. So I'm all for the saying, but Donna Martin did not deserve to graduate.



My next problem comes from her ever changing hairstyles and image come to think of it. I get that it was the 90s and people were trying out new looks but her hair seemed to get worse as the seasons went on. From Season 1-3 her hair was normal. Long, blonde and straight. Though it looked seriously damaged! So during Season 4 she decided to cut it. What a big mistake that was. It did a good job in accentuating her rather large facial features. Then it got worse. At the beginning of Season 5 she dyed it platinum blonde and seemed to have bought herself a pair of boobs and what looked like a new pair of cheekbones. From then on her hair hair just got shorter and shorter and her looks got scarier and scarier. I read in an article that Tori Spelling says her kids don't even recognise her when she's playing Donna Martin. I think that's a sign you've had too much surgery, love. and it may be time to stop. Just look at the changes!



 

And now for 2013 Tori....


 Now onto the topic of nepotism. The executive producer of the show is Aaron Spelling. Tori Spelling plays Donna Martin. Notice a pattern? Yep, because Aaron is in fact Tori's father. This is made apparent when you see Tori Spelling's lack of acting skills. and realise that it is pretty clear that she only got the part because her father was behind the whole show.



Another thing. Her countless boyfriends. She went from David, to Griffin, to Ray, to Joe, to David again and then that fireman? This is all in the space of a few years and someone who was  made out to be this holier-than-thou virgin. Yet she wore the most revealing outfits known to man. Some would call her a tease, I would just call her an idiot.

Usually I like the nice characters. The ones who provide comic relief or warm tender moments of friendship. But every so often you come across the ones who lack substance and depth. No one does this better than Donna Martin. Every single person she meets she's so nice to. and everyone loves her as a person and she never has conflict with anyone and she's always the peacemaker. And everyone thinks she's so beautiful. Well you know what if this was the real world Donna Martin would be treated like gum on the bottom of someone's shoe. Her never-ending perky attitude would get her most likely slapped by the one's closest to her. People would constantly diss her on her looks. I'm not saying I would but people in this world today are fickle!

I recently watched an episode where aside from displaying some very wooden acting, she decided to save a deer from a bush fire that was miles away. Not only this but she didn't ask anyone for help and didn't tell anyone where she was going. She fell down a hill to save an animal from it's natural habitat. What a dumb character. Then she asked a deer to scream for help? yep she really did! Plus it was her own fault she was there in the first place. Oh and what does she get in return for being so stupid? She was saved by a hot fireman, that's right. and to top it all off she gets on the 11 o clock news.

So there you have it guys, the reasons I hate Donna Martin and feel she shouldn't have graduated! (Even though I love to chant ''Donna Martin Graduates!''

1 comment:

  1. Not her fault the scripts for her character were stupid.The rest I totally agree with

    ReplyDelete